Sunday, September 13, 2015

Open Letter to Viansa

Wow...three posts in three days - if I have any blog followers, I'm sure you're loving this...anyway, the point of writing, we went to Sonoma, we were expecting certain things and they failed.  Big time.  So, my first open letter. 

To long/didn't read (TLDR): Corner 103 is amazing. Go there.  Avoid Viansa.

Viansa is the second winery off the 121/Arnold Drive.  It's on several wine bus/wine tours.  Its been fabulous.  I won't lie...it's been a huge part of my life, but recently, and not so recently, its been different.  I thought it might get back to 'the good old days', but, I realized today that wasn't the case.  I'll forever be thankful for the friends I've made there, but, as I've learned in the recent past, sometimes knowing when to let go is just as important as knowing how long to hold on....     

Below is the email I sent to Viansa - our home away from home for several years...where we met some great friends, and more than that, where we re-discovered 'us'.  It's a great email, but a sad email where I canceled my wine club membership after 8+ years....   
Hello!

I updated my information this afternoon, but would actually like to cancel my membership.  Like most of America, I'm a busy person, but feel compelled to tell you why.   
My husband and I have been members for nearly ten years and for the most part, we've enjoyed every minute.  Between us spending time at Viansa to work on our marriage to a surprise 30th birthday party - you've been a big part in our lives.

We loved the staff, they always made us feel at home. When Lloyd owned the place, we never felt like anything less than one of his own. Kelly was always amazing...coming to see her was like seeing an old friend. It never mattered if it had been a week or a month, she always treated us as if it was only yesterday.   
Today, I arrived at the winery for the members party and it felt cold and corporate - the very thing I try to escape on the weekends. I entered the tasting room and recognized no one. I asked someone about Kelly, and was told, 'she don't work here no more'.  Quoted. Not even proper grammar. 
I don't fault the employee, it's not her fault. But, I do fault the winery. It's become the corporation I wish to escape on the weekends, and while I can't bring back the old days, I can take my money there.

I'll look back fondly on my Viansa days, and at the same time realize that we all move on. We'll move on as well - we're loyal to Lloyd, Kelly, and the  rest of that crew, but we're done with Viansa. 
Please let me know if you need additional information from me in order to cancel my membership immediately.

Thank you,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment