Saturday, April 19, 2014

It's Going Down....

So, I had one thing I had to do before Everest, well, two, I guess. I really didn't want to get sick either. But, I managed to avoid strep throat, the office stomach flu, and whatever cold Brian caught earlier this week. So, what do I do to ring in the seven day count down?  Go for a run in my new trail shoes, of course.  And what else would I do while doing that other than crash. Pretty hard. And skid...my friend told me she heard it, but thought the noise was me catching myself. My right leg was covered in dust from the skid....took a chunk out of my left hand....and rolled my left ankle (I'm pretty sure that's what caused the fall).  I heard it pop on the way down, but once it was over, I seemed to be in one piece.  At least enough to hike myself up and out of there, and back to the car.  That's the thing about trail running.....you can cut the route short, but there's really no way back unless you walk. And it's generally just as far to keep going or turn around.

So, ouch...not how I wanted to spend the week before my trip.   I run that trail all the time....of course I would crash today. Ugh....I'd take being chased by a turkey again....

It's actually not too bad....only a little bigger than a golf ball....and it doesn't hurt too bad if I just stay off it.  Cause I'm good at that, and do t have anything else to do....

In other news, I spent the week with one of our counterparts from Japan.  I'd met him when I traveled there two years  ago, so it was cool to see him again.  I also really enjoyed learning from him as much as I enjoyed showing him what we do in stores here.

Alright...off to dinner with some friends....if I can navigate the stairs....haha...

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment