Saturday, February 15, 2014

North Face 50....it's happening

So, we realized that the North Face Challenge had opened up, and despite everything we have put and need to put into Nepal, the 50 miler is happening in December.  I'm actually really excited about it.  And, I can't blame it on the wine this time....haha. I celebrated by eating half of a container of gelato. Not a bad idea for someone who slept in....did a little bit of work...and slept some more.  Do nothing all day....sign up for a 50 mile race....consume a container of ice cream.  Haha.

In all seriousness, this is going to take a killer training plan. I'm envisioning a lot of early mornings in the headlands. At least I live close enough that I can train on the crazy hills. I'm pretty sure I'm not currently running fast enough to finish in the allotted time. But, I know I can get there. It's gonna be an adventure :).

In other news, I think I'm really bad at doing nothing. I've been sick or coughing or something and have had no voice all week, so I decided I was just going to rest all day.  So, of course, I was up at 8:30....when was the last time that happened?  After a bit of NyQuil, I was able to get some more sleep.  Then, after dealing with a work issue, I was really restless. Couldn't I go run or something. No.  I forced myself to rest a little longer, but then got up and started cleaning. Haha...even when I'm sick, I can't do nothing.

We're planning a longer hike for tomorrow...maybe a picnic.  I'm excited for that too (see, really bad at sitting still). Hopefully the NyQuil endured haze in which I spent most of today works and I'm close to 100% tomorrow. I have real hiking pants to try for the first time....and I really like my bag. Despite the whole everything is black theme I have going. I've decided not to list the gear in the individual posts, but will post a list at the end of my trip, after I post all the trip blogs. While it won't matter to most, based on how much I'm relying on blogs from previous travelers, if someone googles and finds my blog, I want to be helpful :).

Other than that, it's been a week of watching the Olympics and nursing the hot, sexy, smoker voice back to normal. Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment