Friday, October 16, 2015

Slimer's Back!

So, best email ever today.....'your car will be ready after 3pm'.  YAY!  That only took six weeks.  Poor car, but at least I have it back now.  And it's clean and washed and kind of smells like ammonia, but at least I know it's clean.  haha.

As much of a pain as this whole thing was in the beginning - getting the car into a shop, dealing with the deductible, dealing with the cost of the rental, dealing with the insurance, etc., etc.  Once it was all worked out, it really was fairly easy to deal with (despite feeling like it was much, much longer than six weeks).  The insurance waived the deductible and eventually decided they would pick up the cost of the rental (rather than continuing to encourage me to pursue the other guy legally)....I'm guessing it probably had something to do with both me and the other driver having the same insurance, so in essence I'd have been going after them.  With his license, business card, and his voice on my original call to the insurance company.  Yeah...probably better to pick up the cost of the rental than fight an airtight case....haha.

It was perfect timing too, since the satellite radio subscription ran out while I was driving home last night....way to renew, enterprise.  When I got to Enterprise this afternoon, I literally parked the car in the middle of the driveway....I wasn't sure where else to go with it in the garage....gotta love downtown San Francisco.  The people at Enterprise were great....the same guy that rented the car helped me turn it back in.  He gave me a bottle of water and helped load my stuff into the van that would take me around the block to German Motors.  Though, I will admit, I'm a little sad that the guy with the full gold grille wasn't my shuttle driver today.

I got to German Motors and was welcomed by the receptionist.  She grabbed my file and let me know they were still bringing the car around.  However, she did ask me for the deductible.  I let her know that it was being waived, and got ready to pull out the slew of emails and voicemails stating that was the case.  She went to check with Rachel, the person I had been dealing with over the past month and a half.  I waited and held off on signing anything.  She came back out and told me I could sign it, the deductible was something else, and Rachel would be right out.

While all of this was going on, some other guy came up looking for a pair of glasses or something that had been left in his car.  It sounded like his car was totaled (not fun...for a bit, I thought that might be the case with mine), as he was getting a new one.  The receptionist gave him his glasses and was working on a plan to get him into his car to get whatever else he needed when Rachel came out of her office.  It was great to see her, they were waiving the deductible, and she went to make sure my car was being pulled around.

The receptionist came back and asked what happened with the deductible and I told her it was being waived.  Glasses dude decided at this moment to mutter, 'must be nice', under his breath....REALLY?!  Ok, I don't know why you're here....you don't know why I'm here....you don't know what I've been through, so keep your mouth shut.  Luckily, Rachel came back at that moment and walked me out to  slimer, all green and shinny as the day I bought him.  Yay!  It's my car.  She told me she'd miss it being in the shop...it was always the brightest one there, so she always knew where it was.  haha.

A quick check of the trunk and walk around, and I was off.  Big thanks to Rachel and German Motors for keeping me updated and getting Slimer up and running again.  Later than I thought, but Mr. Passat and I had a good time commuting.  I'll miss the carefree commute....I could get in anywhere...everyone cares more about their Tesla, Audi, Mercedes, than I did about my RENTAL CAR.  Oh commute adventures....but that is another story....

And Slimer is back!  And we have an adventure to go on tomorrow :).

Fixed the ankle....got the car back...life is moving in the right direction.  Here's to the rest of the month and coming out stronger than I went in.  And really, as crazy as the past month has been....looking back today and realizing how much I've learned.  That's what's really crazy.

Until next time, over and out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment